nothing lasts forever

7.9.12

"Nothing lasts forever" is so true.

I always foolishly believed that my friendship with Ima is one of the kind, the one which will survive through thick and skin. 13 years of friendship and now that she's ready to embark new phase of life, marriage life, I realised.. I'm starting to lose a grip on her :(

Marriage.. what is it you have against me!? why does it seem that you're taking away my bestfriends!?? I barely digest the fact how distant I am right now with the others after their marriages, yet, you're trying to snatch what I have with Ima??? Please don't do it, she's my other half, she's the sister that I'm dying to have.

Sometimes.. Islam with its so-called rules is irritating. Well, maybe it's due to my lack of knowledge of a true Moslem. It surprised me that once you're married, everything you do needs an approval from your husband, even when you want to have your 'me-time' at the salon ! Going out without your husband's permission is considered as a huge sin. *heavy sigh*

According to my aunt, that might be the reason of the growing distance between me and my married bestfriends.

"But who are you to complaint, Nis? A bestfriend doesn't demand, she understands. She gives advices, not an order"


One simple statement which enough to bring me back to the ground. 'Nuff said.



0 comments: